- Mobile Business
- Affiliate Marketing
- Wealthy Affiliate Review
- Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories
- Affiliate Marketing For Beginners – The Fastest Route To Success!
- How to Sell Stuff Online
- Online Business Courses – Any Worth Investing Your Time, Money and Effort?
- How To Build a Website For Free
- Website For Small Business
- How To Make Money From Home
- How To Find Niche
- How to Find Niche Keywords
- Social Media Marketing – For Business Purposes!
- How To Make Money Online
- Business Psychology
- How To Be Successful In Business
- How To Do What You Like – And Get Rid Of things You Hate!
- How To Overcome Challenges
- How To Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- How To Become Successful Entrepreneur – Journey In 3 Stages!
- Small Business Motivation
- Online Business Success – What does it really take to achieve it!
- Business and Doubts
- 5 Things Successful People Do
- How To Manage Stress – Get Rid Of It Forever!
2015 has been a great year for e-commerce. I have been writing about this subject and gave some details about this before in one of my older articles on this website – Mobile Business, but I still gathered some more interesting info. Last year a mobile e-commerce has outgrown the desktop for the first time and predictions were that this trend will continue.
And it does continue. The interesting part is that this is not case just about everywhere, it is regarding the general trend in the whole world rather than every single part of it. Previously this year a Sherlock Nation CEO, Michael Wiedder, has said that strongest mobile e-commerce growth is in Asia and South America. The growth there is about 22% per year.
I got some information about this development here locally, in Sweden. Sweden is the country where mobile e-commerce really is stronger than desktop, and it is rising. 2015 the size of e-commerce here in general has been just over $1B this year, which is a growth of about 12% comparing to the last year. The mobile e-commerce has grown a staggering 163% in the last 3 years.
The stats say that 42% of Swedes has made purchases online using mobile phone this year and the explanation to this is that mobile phone is always within the reach. For a consumer environments like Sweden, it is obviously all about accessibility.
Differences in markets
But this is not the case everywhere. This was very surprising to me. What I found particularly interesting are differences in different markets. In some markets, the PC usage is still stronger than mobile. The US is one of those markets. The e-commerce there is not the worlds largest, with its $349.06B in 2015. China is bigger with $562.66B. But what surprised me was that the PC usage in US is still much higher than mobile with its 72%. Mobile usage is only 15%. Take a look at the graph below!
Some countries are very faithful to their local markets, like French. I was surprised to see that only 68% of French use the internet, it is almost that I can not believe it. But out of all those who do use the internet, only 19% purchase items from non-French websites, and PC usage is much higher that mobile, 80.8%.
Now compare all this to South Korea,
This is a pretty big difference and what Michael Widder has said is definitely confirmed by these stats. These graphs come from Remarkety.
What can be expected in 2016?
According to Statista, the continued growth in e-commerce is expected in every particular market in the world. These are good news to all who are involved in e-commerce. I am interested in it as well in order to orchestrated my business efforts more effectively in coming year.
I do not think I need to come to any conclusions for you here. These numbers are giving a pretty clear picture of how it is at the present moment. I am primarily involved in mobile e-commerce and I know that this is growing so it is basically business as usual in coming year. Still, I will be focusing more on Asian markets cause they already provide a fruitful ground for the expansion of my business.
I will be keeping you updated in the the next year as I find the info that is worth considering. In the meantime, if you have some comments regarding all this, you are welcome to leave it below.
- Understanding the Benefits of Online Business – Seeing the Bigger Picture!
- Top Affiliate Marketing Program – The Best Program for Online Success!
- Business Education – Affordable to Everyone!
- How to Make Extra Money – From the comfort of your home!
- How To Become An Internet Marketer
- What Is the Meta Description Tag?