Business Online

Business Online

The topic of how to actually start business online is so important that I have put the extra attention to it in order to present it in the best possible way. So, let`s begin. I will keep myself to the point.

First thing first! One thing needs to be understood right away. There is only one blueprint to do business online! What I mean with this is- doing it properly. Several years ago I was in the position where you are now, looking for this kind of information. It took me a long time to figure it out, but here we are.

This blueprint is flexible! Thanks God for that, otherwise we would all be doing the same thing. How boring would that be!? This flexibility means that you have unlimited number of directions you can go with it. As long as you follow the blueprint and don`t break it, you will have the most rewarding business- for life!

The Blueprint!

It`s simple. As long as you, out of total and highest ethics and care, help others to resolve the problem or get what they need and want- you are in business! That`s how simple it is. There is nothing more or less to it.

Now, this doesn`t cover how to do it in practical manner. We will come to that in the second. There is one more aspect to the blueprint that needs to be explained first in order to get it working for you.

Before you start building your business online, you need to have the idea of what it will be about. You need to have a plan before you can actually start building it. Just like building the house- first blueprint, then it comes foundation and then, the rest of it. You don`t build anything before you have the idea of what the final result will be.

In online business terms this mean that you need to figure out what need or a problem you will help others to resolve. That is your foundation. The very thing that you offer! It can be a particular product, service you provide or just the right information about something.

Levels of Value

Your offer can be of different value to different people. The way I see it there are 3 levels of value.

No value at all!

This is the area where scammers operate. I know you are not the one but I need to mention it cause the biggest part of the affiliate industry fall into this category. Unfortunately, this is so. You can read my article about how to recognize scams, HERE. Basically, many marketers are trying to sell worthless products/services to others. They may make some money in the process but it does not last. It is impossible to run a long-term, successful business this way.

Relative/ good value products.

This is where you get your business running. Let`s say, you get into a niche of selling leather shoes online. Even though these products are maybe of no value to me, there are millions of people around the world who are looking for those. For them this is a valuable product.

That is why I call it relative, but leather shoes are good products regardless of what anybody thinks of them. It`s just common sense. And by setting up the website with proper info and products placed on it, you have your business! Is it so simple? YES, it is!

High value products.

There is not much difference, between relative/good and high value products. Both are the right foundation for your business. The high value products are those that are almost impossible to replace within the particular segment.

For example, Wealthy Affiliate which is the high level “product”. In this case we are talking about product/service/education- kind of thing. If you would remove it from the face of the earth, chances to learn how to do business online would be severally damaged and reduced for everybody who needs it.

Building the business

Ok, so let`s get practical! In order to start and build up your business you will need 3 things; Help and learning, the website and applying what you learned. That is all. They usually come in this order. But one thing is for sure, you will not start with the website first. Let me explain them little more.

Learning!

In order to create the website and get your business going, you need to know how the process work, at least in general. So, you don`t need to become the expert before you start, but a certain level of knowledge is necessary. Before the website is created you need to figure out the niche of your business and do some research.

This maybe sound complicated but, in reality, it`s very simple. Take a look at this video where Kyle from WA explains it:

Website

Once you are done with those steps, you will create the website and start building it from the ground- up. You will create a quality content that will rank high, in time get your website indexed and finally, you will open the “store”. As I said this can be done in so many ways. It is a very creative process and rewarding.

Sometimes your store will be set up within your website in the same time as you build the content. It is usually so when the store is the valuable info or service that you offer. When it comes to the retail products you can wait a little until you placed the necessary content first.

When it comes to ranking of your website, it may take a while, cause Google takes time before it start trusting it. In the meantime you continue building it cause it doesn`t take long before you get ranked if everything is done the right way. Once you are ranked, visitors will have access to your site and the business is on.

The WA is the ultimate place to learn every step of this process and it`s free! Just click the banner to the right and create the account. The review of it, you will find in- Important pages menu above the banner together with the review of amazing mobile business that I suggest you check out.

Those two businesses are giving you the most excellent starting point in your new online carrier.

Feel free to contact me regarding any question you have and drop me a comment below.

18 Responses to How to Start Business Online

1. Chris says:

Thanks for this great advice on how to build up a business online. I had a few ideas but I was struggling a bit with the website side of things – I’m not the best at building up a blog type platform.
        Do you have any suggestions on the website builder that I should use – something that is a bit simple to get to grips with?

Hello Chris!

I can tell you, to get your business running, all you need is Wealthy Affiliate. Seriously, it provides everything you need! When it comes to the blog type website, I wasn`t good at it myself, at all in the beginning. But I kept working on it and, in time, I became the expert. It is easy, once you get into it. Just use the best resource available.

Best of luck!

2. brandon says:

Hey Igor,
        Thanks for the information. Wealthy Affiliate is pretty amazing. I defiantly would recommend them as a great program to get started. What are other legitimate programs have you found besides Wealthy Affiliate? As I am new to the program, Do you think that I would be able to take what I learn, and apply it to other jobs as well?

Hello Brandon!

Yes, of course. The other business is Shopping Sherlock and in many ways, it is easier to do than WA cause you don`t have much to learn. But, since they are connected in a way that both are affiliate marketing, all that you learn in WA, you can apply in this. And, I give you all additional training needed.

Contact me and we will talk, I`ll explain to you all you need to start.

Regards

3. Steen says:

Hi Igor!
        I came across your article but I was looking for a way to create an online business. It should not be a secret that I have tried me with more or less doubt some projects before going.
        Unfortunately, I also got to pay for it.
        Something I have taken careful note of is that you write that it comes to creating value for others.
        The first thing I always think about is what’s in this deal for me. Is it me who has the wrong approach for creating business online?
        You also write that there is a Blue print. What is it that makes this Blue print better than others ?
        Hope you can help me
        Steen

Hello Steen!

Thanks for the comment and questions! Let me give you some answers. There are no several blueprints so that you can say this one is better than that one. The blueprint is one, and I call it a blueprint cause it`s about fundamental understanding of how to provide value to others and do business. We have all failed before and often that happened because we did the business wrong way, getting out there trying to sell a bunch of products to people.

By offering something of value without selling first, creates trust and that is the only foundation for long term business. That`s a blueprint. I hope it became more clear and if you wonder about something else, just let me know!

All the best! Igor

4. Alex says:

Hi Igor,

Thanks for writing up this article and share with your readers.

I have been looking for a way to start my own online business for a while. I very little about affiliate marketing and I want to know more how I can start an online business.

I have no technical knowledge on creating websites and not sure how to operate it. However, the program that you are introducing here seems to be the right place for me to start adventuring my journey. I will sure come back with more questions and I hope you could guide me through. Not only that, I will be back for more tips from you. Thanks!

Hello Alex!

You do not need much knowledge when it comes to those technical aspects. These things are worked out for you so you can just concentrate on education and business itself. Trust me, it is not only the right place to start but probably the only one. I have been in this business for some years now I do not know of any other programs out there that can even come close to WA.

Just let me know if you have any questions, I will not only guide you through it, but help you every step along the way. Thanks for the comment!

5. Julie says:

Very straight to the point! You really left a nice mindset for the readers when it comes to letting them know that doing a business has a very flexible kind of procedure. You also broke them down into specifics so that they can have their own, derived tactics once they start running an online business. The only problem is the “HERE” part that you placed on the “Levels of Value” section as others might mistake it for a link – the rest is excellent! I also bookmarked this page for future references.

Hello Julie!

That was actually meant to be link which I obviously forgot to create. Thanks for pointing that out to me. This article is one of many where I cover the topic of mindset, which is equally important as the business itself, if not even more than that. I am glad that you found it useful which means that I have probably done the job properly. Feel free to check all the content as you like!

6. Viljoen says:

When there is an opportunity to help people, you will always have a business. Whether it is online or offline. Websites is also a great platform that you can use to build your business on.

Websites also gives you the ability to earn a passive income from all of your previous efforts. I have built several small online businesses and I have to say that you are spot on.

I have an online store where I sell mattresses online (which is not an easy product to sell online), but there are people that actually buy them.

Hi!

I see you know what you are talking about, and obviously have experience. Online world give so much possibilities that it is a shame to not use it. And it is as you said, help people and you have the business.

I wonder about your store though. Out of what you wrote I got the idea that you actually have physical products(mattresses) that you ship away. If that is case, I understand what you mean by- not an easy product to sell. But as you said, people buy them. I wish you luck and hope that your business will grow!

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it!

7. Stacey says:

Hi there, I really enjoyed your article on how to start a business online. First of all, I liked how to mentioned having a plan. I am a big believer of this but I know that not many people do it. I am a blogger and have a “blog business plan” which again, I feel is crucial. I also love that you focus on quality and delivering high value. This is so important to success! Could not agree more.

Hello Stacey!

Being able to give something of value is what having business is all about. Nothing of value to offer, you do not have a business! Having a plan is about having a direction, instead of drifting aimlessly relying on the chance. At least that is how I see it according to my experience. As a blogger I think it is great that you have a plan. I believe it will bring you success much faster. Wish you all the luck with it.

8. Molly says:

Wealthy Affiliate deserve to be the standard bearers as the company that will provide all the very best support for people who are looking to start their own online businesses. I know from experience how stressful and nerve-wracking the process of doing this can be, and having WA on my side has made all the difference!

Hi Molly!

Exactly so! WA provides education and all tools, which is basically all that is needed. Problems related to business startups come from the lack of these. So when provided problems are gone and the rest is up to us. If we want it we just need to do the work, and eventually it is done. You have the business going.

One thing must be pointed out as well – the mindset! In the beginning everything is a challenge but this is fixed by going through the education. As we gain knowledge we also gain understanding and with that comes confidence. The way I see it, the process is not that difficult at all, if we take it easy from the start and do not rush anywhere.

9. Ehab says:

Hi, IGOR
        It is a great concept that you are suggesting in your post, offering people help and useful information in your website is the key factor to gain their trust after that, selling whatever product or service will be much easier.
        This is rather a testimony: Wealthy Affiliate is a very good site, it offers education, training and instantaneous help through live chat with the community,
        Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work and best of luck.

Hello Ehab!

Thanks for the testimony! Very nice of you to take a moment and share it. It is easy to deal with a good things, like WA is. It covers itself, you just tell the truth about it. And hopefully people will find it.

Thanks for the comment, and best of luck to you too!

Igor!